Saturday, February 04, 2006

Suicide checkers challenge!

I just received a mail from the Chinook creator, Jonathan Schaeffer. It says:

I have a couple of students who built a suicide checkers program
as a course project. They have tinkered around with it since then
and are curious to know just how good it is. Obviously it kills
all humans. I understand you have a strong suicide checkers program.
Would you be willing to have your program play a match with them?

I'm looking forward to giving SC another spin. On the downside, in the process of saving, synchronizing and backing up things, I seem to have lost the source code of both the latest SC and the latest endgame database builder for SC - I'm feeling pretty stupid! I still have the latest version of the programs and I hope I won't manage to lose those too...

No comments: