Sunday, May 29, 2005

The 7-piece suicide checkers database

Last week, I computed the 7-piece suicide checkers database. First, I changed my database generator so that it can now also compute databases with more than 4 pieces per side. For suicide checkers this is necessary, since positions with e.g. 6-1 pieces are not clear at all, they might be either a win or a loss (no draws, I think). The 7-piece database took 2 days to generate, and in compressed form it is 2GB large. That is much larger than the regular 7-piece database. I probably won't build the 8-piece suicide database, it will be huge in compressed form and practically unusable. I have restarted my suicide book generator again from scratch, with the larger database the book it generates should be much improved.

1 comment:

Rich said...

You can run an article submission site and article software that gets other people to submit articles, which builds thousands of Google AdSense revenue generating pages without you lifting a finger.