Thursday, September 15, 2005

2 million moves!

My book generator just passed the 2 million move mark. For me this was a psychologically important moment, although as a physicist I am usually immune against that kind of innumeracy. The reason this one number means something to me is an email I received from Murray Cash (programmer of Nemesis) over 3 years ago. He had just completed a match between Nemesis and Cake++ 1.4 (the details are still available on the Nemesis benchmarks page). His conclusion then was that Cake was a decent engine, but that it would need a book of 2 million moves or so. It took me and my computer farm quite some time to come up with this book! I'm glad I had the patience to build this book...

1 comment:

guillermo said...

REALMENTE ERES EL MAS GRANDE EN DAMAS ,ME GUSTARIA SABER SI SABES JUGAR DAMAS ,PERO SIN ELCAKE SOLO CON TU MENTE YO JUEGO MUY BIEN PERO EN ARGENTINA NO HAY UNA LIGA COMO EN EEUU U OTROS PAISES